Thursday, June 12, 2008

Surfin' silhouettes

I took these pictures a couple years ago on our trip to California. We had stopped at Del Mar beach just as the sun was setting.

My husband, Mike and the boys and a few other beachcombers
Those silhouettes in the water? Surfers! It was VERY cold but they had wetsuits on.
Here's one with his board. This was the beach where the surfer was recently killed by a Great White shark.

6 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

Cool pictures! The beach is interesting at that time of sun down!

Anonymous said...

Beach pictures! I like the ribbons of light and shadow on the water and sky. I think that's what is so fun about silhouettes is that we notice the background details more because of the negative space of the people. Beautiful colors!

Donna and Jim said...

Love it Traci! I love the beach and I love the surfers!!! Great photos!

The J's said...

Great photos! I've really enjoyed these pictures with the water, never really realized what different silhouettes you could get there!

parose said...

Beautiful photos, Traci! What a wonderful place to take pictures - California!!! ; ) I love the silhouetted surfers. Of course, the oceans and surfers are near and dear to my heart having grown up in Santa Monica, marrying a man from Hawaii (who spend much of his youth surfing) and raising a family in San Diego. We've spent lots of time at the beach! Loved your contribution!

Mimi/Susan said...

The colors of the sunset are beautiful! This has been a fun challenge.