I was trying to think of one of the best manmarks in Tucson that would qualify for this challenge and was so excited when I thought of this church. The construction on this church started in 1783. This is probably one of the best known landmarks in the Tucson area. The only problem I had was that they are cleaning it and the outside of the church has scaffolding on it. I tried to shoot around it. I ended up with 172 photos. Here are some of my favorites.
Also, I took these photos on my husbands new camera. Its a Canon powershot SD1100 IS Digital Elf. Its a little tiny camera but I think it did a whooping job. I put the whole album on my blog if you want to see more photos :-)
13 comments or thoughts:
whew! you done good
I love them - maybe when we get down that way - we'll have to find that!! I'd love to see the rest of the pics you took!!
Thanks! If you get down this way, let me know and I will personally take you. I posted some more photos on my blog.
That second to last is my favorite. It has such clean lines against that sky. Hard to imagine it is that old and looks that good.
Donna Do you know my Aunt Philene who just married Gene from Casa Grande? We have been down for conv. sporadically over the last 15 years - Jay's folks wintered there now mine do!
Well, I know Gene but I haven't met Philene yet. I did see their wedding photos and I did see them together at gosple meeting. Its so sweet that they got married.
Your in Oregon, aren't you? You probably know the family my sister married into. My sister married Dave Joyce but they live in WA state.
Pretty cool!
Great pictures, Donna! I think the last one is my favorite. The creamy white of the church on the blue of the sky is awsome!
Wonderful shots!! It sure is a beautiful building!!
Really beautiful photos & building. Isn't it amazing that those old buildings are so incredibly designed & last, when the builders didn't even have a "degree in XX"??!
Beautiful! You got some great pictures.
Yes, OR! My hubby knows the Joyce's better than I do - my folks have lived in WA the last 15 years or so - not sure if they'd know them? Where did you see their wedding photos at? I'd love to see them?!
A-MAZ-ING!!! Wowza! Your little camera takes world-class photos! You could do the "Welcome to Tucson" brochure!
Hey Jklmnop - one of our sister workers took photos at the wedding and shared them with us. Very cute! They weren't online. Its so fun that they got married at that age.
Post a Comment