
In few walks of life are we seldom graced with the opportunity to meet someone who will instantly steal a piece of our heart with the quiet serenity of a few spoken words. I met such a man in the summer of 1996 and knew he would be a lasting constant in my life. When I married Justin not only was I gifted a great husband but also a wonderful grandfather which I had never really had. Despite being told “don’t ruin that boys life” on my wedding day by Leon, it was not difficult to love him with everything I had. It was a given that Leon and Glenna would always have awaiting smiles accompanied by open arms to all.
It is often thought or said that a father alone rears his son to become a man of integrity, but I believe it takes a father and a grandfather to do such a thing. Leon had a great impact on molding and shaping his grandson into the man he is today which I am forever grateful to him for. His legacy will be carried on in more than a whisper by those that he left here. Although Leon will be greatly missed across the continuum of our lives we can all be comforted with knowing it’s only a matter of time before the reunion.
Friday, November 13, 2009
In Loving Memory Of Our Late Grandfather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments or thoughts:
What a sweet post!!
Very touching...thank you for sharing!!
Post a Comment