
I need to give you your new picture challenge a little early as I am having foot surgery next week and may have a foggy (foggier) brain when it's time to post this. The new assignment is to post one or several pictures of structures, made by God or man, that is unique to the area you live in..that might be the state or region. I think several people are from the same state, but it doesn't matter, as they can give us their view of the item. Some examples of this might be the Empire State bldg, Tx. blue bonnets in bloom, Ky. thoroughbred horse farms, orange orchard, or igloos. I've mentioned things that I don't think anyone will do(wrong season, state/region). This should be a history lesson for us and please tell us something about your pictures.----Now to my picture. Yes, it is a cookbook and yes Carl is right. I was going to point out the fact that people thought it was a Betty Crocker, but he took care of it! I'm not sure that we should kick him off the photo blog for that, but VINTAGE? Now Carl, that is MY cookbook you're calling vintage! For that you should be kicked off!! . I got it when I got married in 1968, so to you I guess it's vintage. You can tell it's been used. I'll forgive you this time. I pick Nicole to suggest the next challenge and that will be for Feb.14.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
New Challenge and 2nd view of my last entry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments or thoughts:
I think we should all post a picture of our BH&G cookbooks! :*)
Mine has the same diagonal print, but a different word title area.
Wedding present 1977, and it is WAY more "scuffy"!! (maybe for all the greif he gave us, we should make Carl guess who's book is who's too!!) :*)
Uh huh, I am just NOW beginning to get the taste of foot out of my mouth and now you want to play 'that' game? ;) Everyone (well at least those that cook) should have at least one of the timeless classics. Would make for an interesting photo collage of all the...er...'vintages' of those cook books.
Sorry, MY BH&G cookbook is a reproduction of the original and is a solid red, that's why I didn't see it I guess.
Okay, I just went and looked. My BH&G is the pink and white breast cancer awareness edition, My red reproduction is actially Betty Crocker, My Grandmother's favorite is a green Sunset circa 1949 and my falling-apart-favorite is a white Pillsbury. And thse are just the ones I use all the time. I guess I'd better pay attention to the NAMES of them!
This will be fun! There ARE three people living in the same town as me though. That will be interesting! :D
Sounds like a good reason to go out of town for a week-end! Remember the region can be New England, the Southwest, the Heartland, etc.
Sounds like fun! I also want to say to Mimi/Susan That I hope your surgery goes well! Good luck for a speedy recovery!!
Thank you.
Yes, Susan, we hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery! Guess you can enjoy posting and blog reading during recovery!:)
Post a Comment