The way my brain has been processing feeding my family for quite some time...
I seldom take my camera to the grocery store but could not help it when our incentive came along of new perspective, I had to capture some thing I had been thinking of for a while that is not so easy to attain. There are a few obstacles, I finally realize why society eats processed foods = my inclination is to save money and it is so easy to pop open a can and chow. This leading to undesirable health conditions. I guess what I am aiming for is to develop a new perspective in my kids to grow and become healthy individuals that are conscious of the quality and environment.
These are only a few pix that influence my mind, I am no "tree hugger!" The market I took these photos at is just under 2 hours away from home. I do think I could find a closer one to visit more regularly. As we do visit the city once a week, but on Sunday, and many many things are closed. We will have to make due with the stores we do visit but shop wiser!
I could admit I'd like to grow more towards being more environment friendly, but it is not just that. Health is what I am thinking of most. I bet you already got this picture.
One more thought 1 + the amount of people you influence = the amount of people that would grow to be responsible for what your guiding them in.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Not so new just documented....
category ~ A New Perspective
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments or thoughts:
You are all doing great - I had better get busy!! Good job Wrena!!
Beautiful pictures, beautiful composition, and beautiful idea. I can only dream of a grocery store with such options. I live in a small town and the closest really nice grocery is 2 hrs away. The pros and cons of living in a small town.
I love it, I love it, I love it! The colors in your picture are so vibrant! Think of how we'd feel eating such wonderful produce! There is no time like today to start! :D
Looks great. It reminds me I need to get away from my computer and go grocery shopping. Great pictures! The coloring is awesome.
I like the peppers. They look like the ones in my chili I made today. You can have the limes, I,m allready a sourpuss most of the time. Don't need no help. But I do love this picture, almost as much as I love the photographer.
Beautiful...your colors are wonderful. Did the other customers think they had a foreigner in town taking pictures of strange food? I imagine you got some "looks". Kristen, you make it sound like you live in the boondocks! I think T. must have a nice grocery..maybe not a Whole Foods though.
This is just awesome, Wrena... I can get a feel for the whole place from these shots. I miss stores like this...
O.K., O.K., just to make you all jealous...we just got the largest Whole Foods Market in the SW region. Anyone want to come visit? It's only about 10 minutes away! Wrena, you're not far from Wild Oats. That was a favorite of mine at J. Landing.:)
That one has went out Trac, but these photos were taken in wild oats just up Parleys Canyon.
Beautiful colors. I'll take those limes that Wade doesn't want. I buy them in bulk and use them in almost everything I cook.
Post a Comment