Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Up or Down


Beginners find it easier to use me when they can see me.
Experience makes it easier to use me without having to visualize me.
The elderly often require to see me when they use me.

Fingernails will often leave marks when I am used...


Hahahaha, you are probably right and knowing Uncle 'Earl' does help.
How about another photo of a different area and another clue.

It is made of wood, brass, stainless steel and calfskin with a bit of plastic...
Since most of you have gotten it figured out, here is the 'original' picture the posting started out with.

For all those still curious, here is a picture of the Banjo.

23 comments or thoughts:

Mimi/Susan said...

Stairs

Anonymous said...

looks like blinds to me...

Wade said...

I would have to say it is a set of stairs.

The J's said...

Blinds

Anonymous said...

Concrete steps

Traci K said...

I'm going with the wooden blinds guess.

ducknme said...

Well, I was going to say either stairs or an escalator.

Carl said...

Fingernails will often leave marks when I am used...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm..... this one is harder than I thought!

Anonymous said...

Is it the neck of a guitar?

Anonymous said...

Perhaps something to do with the banjo??

Mimi/Susan said...

Uncle Joe's nose

Anonymous said...

5-string banjo?

Traci K said...

It's definitely not blinds, now I'm stumped! Does it make music?

The J's said...

And not stairs either obviouslly...

Carl said...

It is often accompanied by the acoustical version of Amy's 'Elephant'...

Traci K said...

Could it be a Deering banjo by any chance?

Donna and Jim said...

an instrument! Guitar?

Anonymous said...

Open-back banjo?
Cello banjo?
Clawhammer?

Throwing out guesses and showing my ignorance...

The J's said...

light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am waiting patiently for the whole picture! Please!

Anonymous said...

OK your turn to show and tell! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Banjo!!