On March 1, 1872, President Ulysses Grant signed into existence the world's first national park, Yellowstone National Park. The 2.2 million acres of wilderness was "set apart as a public park or pleasuring ground for the benefit and enjoyment of the people."
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Yellowstone National Park
category ~ regional views
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









14 comments or thoughts:
I am so excited to go there again, this spring! I haven't been there since 93'. My kids have never been there and we live so close! It is over due time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh! Such beautiful pictures, and A beautiful place. Brings back memeories, I can almost smell it!
I've been there several times, it was a favorite "must see" when we went on trips with my Grandpa & Grandma! I'd love to take my kids there!!
Great Pics, Sis!! I love Yellowstone and was glad to be reminded of it again!! :)
Those are beautiful...my dad is from montana but the last time I was there I was really little!
I laughed at Maxine's comment about the smell... that's what I thought when I saw these pics. The smell, and also, the summer we were there, 2005, was a dangerous summer.
We kept hearing about accidents and animal attacks and storms and then we were AT Old Faithful when lightning struck a group of 12 people and a boy had to be revived. We also saw a grizzly fairly close up. I would go again in a heartbeat... great photos of our geologically active national park.
Loved the trip to Yellowstone with Sierra when she took these pics. Loved and cherish the memories we make as you find different things, "we just gotta do"!!! You should see the ski lift pics when I took her to Show Down and we rode the lift up and down. Proud Mama;}
Such a beautiful "active" place! It doesn't matter how many times you've been there, there is still something to see. I guess it's God's amusement park!
Forgot to mention...it's absoulutly beautiful to snowmobile the park in winter! Just have to be on the look out for the buffalo that cross the road in front of you!
Great pics. They brought back such fond memories(a little more tame then Amy's though). I would love to go back again. What struck me the most was the lack of signs of civilization and modernization. No Starbucks,no McDonalds and no Walmarts! Ahh!
Beautiful!!! this challenge is really giving me the itch to travel!!!!!
Melissa said it well! If gas prices we on the decline I'd have some other trips book'd as well but probably just one for us this year. Unless some mirical happens to pocket book that loves me lots LOL!!!
Another place that's on my "to visit" list. The pictures of Gods creation are beautiful!
I love the photos also. It also brings back memories for me of a wonderful family vacation when I was very young. I loved the mud pots and the mineral springs.
Makes me want to go again. I can't believe I have only been there twice in my life. So many awesome things to see. And yes, the pictures even bring back the smells. Great Job
Post a Comment