Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thunder Horses Mercantile (revised)




Hi everbody! Sorry I'm so late with this. Bryce Canyon would have been a great thing for me to post, but as I've never been there I have no pics of it. (Yes I only live like 25 miles from there, I guess I don't get out much, lol)
Anyway this is a storefront on Main St. (in Panguitch). It's rare I guess. Can remember if I read it, or someone told me. There are very few of these orginal solid iron storefronts left. It says Thunder Horses Mercantile.
the smaller one is a little label. In case you can't read the bottom line it says "pat. Oct. 4, '87"

12 comments or thoughts:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the town I grew up in! They are still being used. But I guess my town where we are currently living has an old ones like such just vacant. Glad you shared

Mimi/Susan said...

How interesting..I even Googled 'solid iron storefronts' to learn more about them. Next challenge is due on the 14th.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of iron used in that way! Very interesting!

Traci K said...

Looks like an old mining town maybe? We have a lot of old buildings down here in some of the smaller towns and I always wonder about their history when we drive through them. Now I'll be on the look out for the iron store fronts! Thanks for sharing those!

The J's said...

Old building intrigue me, goes along with the antique lover in me.
These are interesting!

Donna and Jim said...

That is really neat. I must say that you really should go to Bryce Canyon sometime. I haven't been there but I heard its pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, great new shots. Those really bring out the details. Thanks for going back! :)

Donna and Jim said...

Hey! Its even FOR SALE. Anybody want to buy a piece of history?

Anonymous said...

Neat - like Wrena said, it looks like home!! Except for the brown paper in the windows! :)

Carl said...

It would make a nice coffee shop. Imagine living over a coffee shop, all the nice wonderful smells.

Anonymous said...

I need some of this "solid iron" material for my new mailbox!
Very pretty pictures. I love to admire old buildings and samll town Main Streets. We have some beautiful ones in the mountains around here (when the passes are open and we can get to them).

<3 Sierra said...

Oh, wow! Your new shots definately bring out the details I missed the first time! I love old buildings! I hope someone buys it and restores it into something wonderful instead of destroying it like they do with so many old buildings these days!!!