Tuesday, April 8, 2008

And just up yonder should be Seattle!

I was backpacking last fall and ran into them at Mt. Rainier! I confirmed their direction was correct- Seattle was just northeast of us. Luckily, because they were Lewis and Clark, the National Park service let them take a dog inside the park boundaries. They posed for a picture before heading out (I felt really sorry for them carrying that big rock- ha). I didn't get any pictures of me sharing my Powerbar with them though :)

*Carl- thanks for the interesting challenge. I have to say, I've owned Photoshop for years (my hubby uses it), but I've always been really intimidated by it. The tip was the key to my success! Now that I've done this.. the world is my oyster. I think I'll keep playing with it- that was a great skill to learn. Thanks again!

6 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

How did they carry that rock with them anyhow? Must have been the Powerbar :D Beautiful mountain.

Carl said...

Wow, I love the picture of the 'small' mountain...I might have to visit Washington some day. Congrats on taking the plunge into photoshop, it can be very rewarding and sometimes just frustrating and time consuming.

Mimi/Susan said...

Glad to know there is another photoshop novice! Great picture.

Traci K said...

What excitement to see them at Mt. Rainier. I hope they carried a "doggie doo" bag with them.:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scenery. "The world is my oyster."... I like that enthusiasm. :)

Donna and Jim said...

Ahhhhhh the mountain. I love that mountain. Good too see you posting again Tami!!