Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Are you ready for this?

Greetings My Patient Fellow Photo Bloggers,

I will start off with the easy part of posting the next challenge; I pass the Torch of Creativity over to Auntie M for the next challenge to be on, around or somehow near Tax Day.

For challenge number eight I had a difficult time finding an idea that I could portray to everybody, with respect to what I had in mind. There was a lot of pressure to come up with an awesome challenge since they have all been a lot of fun; plus it is spring time so a challenge that would get everyone outside to enjoy the weather was paramount. I fretted and pondered and now I present to you, what I hope will be a fun challenge.




Not everyone is located in the areas in which Lewis and Clark trampled during their great expedition, and I think we should help them out a bit. This challenge will be similar to the 'Flat' parent/kid program; in that we will take Lewis and Clark on an adventure to view some of the great scenery in your respective areas. The pictures above is a sample of what I had in mind for the challenge, to help those out who are better when given visual props. In Great Falls we have a wonderful statue of part of the Lewis and Clark expedition party, that I have captured for everyone to use in the challenge. All you have to do is Photoshop the statue provided below into a scenery picture. (Don't I make it sound so easy!)

I know not everyone has the same skill level in using Photoshop, so this might be rather challenging for some of you(Tips, tricks and advice could probably be finagled from the more creative digital editing Gurus in the group). For those who don't have Photoshop, or another photo editing software, I can e-mail you a gif picture with a transparent background that can be pasted into another picture using Microsoft paint if you would like; just e-mail me a request. Feel free to play around with the scale of the statue as well as it could be fun to have it miniaturized or towering above.





Executive Summary:
This challenge will be similar to the 'Flat' parent/kid program; in that we will take Lewis and Clark on an adventure to view some of the scenery in your respective areas. All you have to do is Photoshop the statue, either view or you can do multiple if you would like, provided above into a scenery picture.

Grrrr:
As some of you have noticed already, Blogger reduced the pictures when I uploaded them so there is not much quality to the image. So if this annoys you, I have hosted the images elsewhere and you can download them from the following links. Just make sure to use the right click save link as approach...This is starting to make this challenge more of a "Intro to Computers course." *Frown*

Right Click and Select Save Link as (Front Image)

Right Click and Select Save Link as (Back Image)

Hint: Click on the above photo for the large version, than right click on the large version to save the image.

PS: For those who would prefer the backside of the statue (so the characters are looking at the scenery), I will try to get a picture of that posted in the next couple of days.

PPS: Second picture added and I added an executive summary for those who got lost in my circular communication. My Engineer-lish is not always easy to follow. The Label for this challenge will be 'Flat Expedition'.

12 comments or thoughts:

Donna and Jim said...

Oh this is going to get interesting. I love this challenge. I'm not sure Lewis and Clark visited Arizona but since I'm going on a little vacation around the state next week they will get to go with me.

<3 Sierra said...

That's hilarious! Flat Lewis and Clark! Our history teacher would think you are sacreligious, but I think it's awesome! I can't wait to see the places they go! :D

Mimi/Susan said...

Did you forget that there are challenged people on this challenge? For crying out loud, I had to read the challenge 2 times just to know what it is! But baby, this is one granny that is going to try her best to meet the challenge..and I promise not to say that word again. Seriously, I just bought Photoshop and got so weary reading "Photoshop for Dummies" book that I have paid to take a course at the Tech school on Arril 29. Let's see if I can do this little exercise on my own!

Traci K said...

How funny! Can't wait to show Lewis and Clark some of the Lonestar State!:)

The J's said...

Oh my goodness, I think I'm with Susan up there....I think this is called computer challenge, not photo challenge!! Ah well, guess in today's world it's about one and the same when it comes to photography!
I'm sure I'll have to call my daughter in on this one for help! quite the idea, I must say!

ducknme said...

FUN, FUN, FUN! I am so excited! Of course I like history almost as much as Photoshop.

ducknme said...

Er, there's Lewis, Clark and Seaman (the dog) who's the third guy?

Donna and Jim said...

maybe he's the guy with the map.

Traci K said...

I'm going to guess that maybe that's Jim Bridger. I don't think it looks like Pocahantas or Sacajawea. Can you tell History wasn't my subject?

Carl said...

I do believe that is York, but I will have to verify that with the Historians because History has never been my subject.

Wrena said...

good one!

Auntie M said...

Great Challenge!! And yes it is York!! Now for ideas - I have a few but I do think they were probably there when they were in this area - I could put them in our yard as they camped less than a mile from here for weeks!! :)