Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lewis and Clark at Battleship Texas

Meriwether: "Wow, William, that's one big canoe!"
William: "That's not a canoe, it's a battleship!"
Meriwether: "Well, I checked the map and we've done well to head South on the Missouri River and find this."
William: "South? You big oaf! We were supposed to go North on the Missouri River! Give me that map!"
William studies the map...
William: "Well, according to this, we're in (modern day Houston) and we're standing on Mexican territory. Now, you've done it! We need to get out of here before the Mexican Army finds us!"
Meriwether: "I don't know what's worse, meeting Indians or fighting Mexicans."
William: "Yes, well maybe we can commandeer that battleship and head out."
Meriwether: "Good plan, William, let's go!"

4 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

Very funny - good post! :) This has been a fun assignment too!!

Carl said...

Lewis and Clark are living proof that us Men don't need a map and that we know where we are going. ;)Great post...

Anonymous said...

Nice way to crop the statue and I love the conversation.

ducknme said...

And they don't have to paddle!