Friday, April 11, 2008

Lewis and Clark in the White Mountains of Arizona



















This last week I took the Lewis and Clark expedition with me to the White Mountains in Arizona. This lake is in the White Mountain Apache Reservation and at an elevation of 8000+ ft. It was very cold but they didn't seem to mind. While I couldn't get a real good photo of us all together I was able to get this one. They where kind of nervous being so near the Apaches but I assured them that the Indians there are very friendly. We caught about 30 fish but they didn't seem to be very hungry.

PS - This was done on PhotoImpact Pro. I don't have Adobe Photoshop. Has anybody had experience with both of them? If so, which is better?

5 comments or thoughts:

Wrena said...

Looks Good! Thanks for sharing! Never would have pictured anything like this in your neck of the woods!! Trees like this WOW! I have always pictured red rock tons of sand and cactus....... Great edit!

Carin said...

That looks really great. nicely proportioned.

The J's said...

Great job! I think it looks really good!!

ducknme said...

Beautiful pic, but it does look cold. It's a good thing they had their coats with them!

Traci K said...

I bet they were used to trudging through the snow! I bet they enjoyed the scenery too!