Monday, April 21, 2008

Florence, Italy

These are pictures made in Florence, Italy 2 years ago when my two sisters and I took a trip together (the first for just the 3 sisters since we'd married). The first 2 pictures are of the Ponte Vicchio, the most famous bridge in Florence, built in 1350, and the only bridge spared during WW2. You can see my Tx. sister's profile in 1 picture. The last picture is made from a small town outside of Florence that is high on a hill..it shows the view looking down on the city of Florence. I used very little editing, as I am not savvy enough yet to do much. I am slowly learning a little. I hope we'll soon get back to doing pictures with an emphasis on the thought behind the picture, then edit it as we're able! Please, pretty please! But I've enjoyed(and learned a few tricks)the last challenges!


after

before

after

before

after

before

4 comments or thoughts:

All American Family said...

Great pictures Susan. You did a good job on the editing.

I'm with you on the hoping we get back to more of the "thought behind the picture" idea. These last few challenges have been fun though.

Carl said...

Great pictures, makes me want to get online and book a vacation. Don't worry, I am sure we will circle back around to the photo composition side of photography, but until than enjoy the dark side of photography. :)

Traci K said...

Beautiful country! That looks like a great place to visit!

Donna and Jim said...

I loved seeing your photos of Florence. Its been a few years since I've been there but your photos brought back some wonderful memories. Great photos.