Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Sheer power of water

Niagara Falls
Horseshoe Falls
Water, water everywhere
I just got back from a quick trip to NY (see my blog...www.k4blogspot.blogspot.com). Here's a few. Sorry they're late, but I just got home yesterday. The falls flow at approximately 202,000 cubic feet per second.



5 comments or thoughts:

Anonymous said...

We need to travel more is what this water says to me! Thanks for sharing! Just hearing it cools me off!

Anonymous said...

This must be from the American side. I've only seen it from Canada.

The power of that rushing water is always amazing to me. I usually like waterfalls in color but the top one is a great composition. Looks like an Ansel Adams.

Beautiful!

Mimi/Susan said...

I agree with Amy, this is looking from U.S. at the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side. The power of these falls is something to behold!

Auntie M said...

I love water falls - your pictures are beautiful!!

Traci K said...

Yes, the top picture was taken in Canada, the others and the video were taken on the U.S. side. I wanted to get the full effect with sound for the video, so I took that as close as I could. The only noise I got on the Canadian side video was wind.:)