Friday, May 2, 2008

Water you say?

Well, I am going to jump right in without checking the temperature, so I might turn a little blue.
This photo was taken last summer when I was training new pump operators. The Engine is drinking from the river and we managed to flow just shy of 1200 GPM (gallons per minute). Big water makes for great pictures.

One of my favorite places to take pictures, gave up this wonderful picture that just happens to be my wallpaper on the office computer.
Same place but on a much colder day, I absolutely love this picture. Was captured on Fuji iso 400, with a Canon T90, and digitized from the negative.

8 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

Three very awesome pictures! They are all great. I also like the steam rising on the last photo. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Awsome!

Auntie M said...

Love your shots!! I love shooting Giant Springs and am guessing that the later two are there.

<3 Sierra said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bottom picture! :D

Traci K said...

The fire truck picture is too cool! Makes me think of summer and running through a sprinkler(only with higher water pressure)!:)

Anonymous said...

The angle of the truck and spray that you captured really adds to the picture, along with the shadow of the ladder truck. A nice perspective shot.

And waterfalls... are just awesome.

Donna and Jim said...

I love the steam coming off the river. I love the firetruck also! Great photos!

Mimi/Susan said...

Nice pictues and like others I also enjoy the steam rising