Wednesday, July 16, 2008

July sunset 2008

2008-7 sunset

We can not view the full sunset from our house as houses block most of the view even if we charge up stairs to peek out at 9:00pm our tree block it. So we have to go out to see it and those are sure special lil rides when we get the oppertunity.

This one here is burning through some polution from the south west fires.

11 comments or thoughts:

Carl said...

One of the best parts about being a fireman is the sunsets. Amazing picture you have there. Mixed emotion about the lack of fire effluent in the air here to create the perfect sunset, but it is nice to be able to enter fire season slowly...

Melissa O. said...

that's is truely awesome.

Auntie M said...

What a beautiful shot!! Great post!!

Mimi/Susan said...

So beautiful! Isn't it amazing how we all see the same sun, but in a different way, due to how and what it's being reflected from. There's a lesson here I think!

parose said...

Beautiful shot! There is a lesson to be learned from your observation, Susan. I thought the same thing as I was looking at the different contributions.

<3 Sierra said...

I had the same thoughts as Fred...I like clear air sunsets though because there's a wider variety of colors and I can breathe while taking the picture! LOL Your picture is very vivid though and packs a punch! I like it cuz I like bold colors! :D

Anonymous said...

The vibrant red is amazing. Interesting that the fire smog causes that effect.

Donna and Jim said...

That is an amazing photo. Awesome!

The J's said...

Beautiful photo!!

J K L M N O P said...

I love the contrast! Absolutely gorgeous!

Traci K said...

Amazing, Wrena! I love how big the sun looks in that picture!