O.K., I have to admit this challenge was easy for me as we're in Montana now on vacation and this past weekend, Mike and I went on the "Gates of the Mountains" tour out of Helena. If you haven't done this tour, I highly recommend it.
This face was named "the monster" by the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

And another elephant...
Alayna, I'm starting to think these elephants might be Montana natives too!:)

And can you see this alligator? Probably the only one you'll see here in Montana! His head is on the Left and his tail on the Right.

All of these creatures are formations in the Limestone (which is extremely
porous).
8 comments or thoughts:
Great post!! I have been on that tour through the Gates and you are right - it is awesome. You got really great pictures of the formations!!
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Wow, already some people with great posts. I am really struggling with this one. I love that elephant. I will have to keep looking for the alligator. I have not been to the Gates but hope to some day.... Then again, I haven't seen Glacier- unbelievable.
Those are great! It's going to take me some looking for this one!
Great find and awesome pictures. Still can't really see the alligator in the last one, but maybe my caffeine level is a little whacked this morning...
You beat me to the punch, Traci! We're on vacation too...which should make it easy to find good photos for this challenge...but I'm having a bit of a struggle. Still working on it! Great posts. Montana is on our list of States to visit. We'll have to make sure to do the Tour of the Gates.
I like the monster. I'd love to do the Lewis and Clark trail sometime. I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since they came through.
The elephant is very recognizable, too, but the alligator is a bit more elusive.
Post a Comment