Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MT Man Mark

This ol' barn has been a landmark to me since I was a kid...it's an interesting history...it's never been painted.  Two bachelors built it on the vast prairies...the tallest building in Sheridan County.  (Okay, I'm not sure about it...but it sounds good)  And, although it's leaning these days, it still represents the courage of the early homesteaders...

8 comments or thoughts:

MT Foners said...

YAY... good work... and I for one... BELIEVE you that it is the tallest building in sheridan county... and joel says it's probably taller than any of the hills too! haha... I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!

Carin said...

I love that you put it in B/W, just what the picture needed. Ah, I really, really miss Sheridan County.... sigh.....

Wrena said...

Fab-u-lous! My I order a 16x20 Please. WINK

J K L M N O P said...

I really love old barns!! Guess cause I've played many hours in them!! not to mention worked! and out here they're rare!

parose said...

Great picture. Black and white adds a special dimension to it.

Auntie M said...

I love your picture ... having grown up on a ranch with a barn that was built bore 1900, I appreciate it's beauty!

The J's said...

very very cool! & I agree about the B&W!

Mimi/Susan said...

I love old barns too. I've even thought it'd make an interesting challenge. They look so different across the USA, depending on the purpose for them. I grew up with tobacco barns. Good work.