Saturday, January 31, 2009

Frosty Challenge

Since I don't live where there is a "real" winter...as in SNOW, ICE, SLEET, this challenge was particularly difficult. The only frosty pictures I have I took when I visited some wintery places. I had to dig into my archives to find them. Here's what I came up with:

Our Texas grandson enjoying some California "mountain" snow.
No frost photo challenge would be complete without a snowman.

Nothing is more fun than sliding down a snowy hillside on a saucer!

Beautiful California mountains covered in white.

I took these when we went on the Reno Fun Train.
It was exciting to ride through the mountains on this train.

It is beautiful, but not much fun to live in, I suspect.

I just made it under the wire...but this is the best I could manage to come up with. I did enjoy viewing everyone's postings. This was a good challenge...especially for this time of year. Now I look forward to the next one.

2 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

Great 'frosty' shots. Good post. It looks like home! : )

Carin said...

Those are great. I have always wanted to take a train ride through the mountains in winter. Thanks for sharing.