Saturday, February 28, 2009

Driving the day Away

Our days are made up of driving up and down the road.
This is our home away from home.

Asleep in our padded cell... er sleeper.


Breakfast... an egg & cheese burrito, zapped in the microwave.
Tomato & sour cream garnish
At the cockpit controls.


My cool co-pilot, Harley (our very fat Chihauhau!)
Manouvering through the tight spots.

But mostly enjoying the beautiful scenery...
I-70 Utah


I-40 New Mexico
US-54 Kansas farmhouse


I-40 Arizona rest area

Until....
A blowout on the trailer!
Waiting for a road service truck.
It was too cold for our co-pilot so Kevin takes pity.
But we got to watch a beautiful Sunrise over I-15 in
California just south of Barstow.Across from the sunrise were the San Bernadino Mtns.
Finally reach our destination and we pack up our things
to go home for a couple of days.


To do it all over...


The End!


Note: My camera is at the doctor. One of the hazards of a life in motion. Most of these photos were taken with my lousy phone camera.

Other Note: My husband Kevin and I drive team on a dedicated run out of Kansas City to LA every week. We are home 4 days out of every 2 weeks. I love my job! We see lots of beautiful scenes and have gotten to know the US in a way I never imagined.

6 comments or thoughts:

Donna and Jim said...

Wow! What beautiful scenery. It must be an interesting life. Do you come through Tucson on your route?

Auntie M said...

I LOVE your post... my husband trucked in state for 35 years, so it was special to see your pictures. The scenery is great too!!

The J's said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. My dad was a trucker for a long time.

Anonymous said...

We go down US50 to I40 to I17 to Phoenix an into LA on I10. We have gone through Tucsan but not since we started this dedicated run.

Wrena said...

You fill that position so nicely! Thanks for shareing

MTGurl said...

Thats the kind of life my hubby wants to have. But only if Im the copilot!!! :) What a wonderful, except the blow out!!