Friday, February 13, 2009

A World In Black and White

These are some of my pictures that I changed
from color to black and white.
Though they are interesting, I miss the
brilliant colors in the original photos.
This was a good challenge and gives a
whole different perspective to each photo.



The flower in the center is actually a bright red.

4 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

I love the windy island scene but they are all good shots!! Great post.

The J's said...

I always miss the brilliant colors too, however I'm always amazed at how you often tend to notice the subject more in B&W.. I think the sunflowers here are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about missing the colors when you change a color photo to B/W. Especially flowers. B/W photography works best for me when I actually set the camera to the B/W mode. Nice compositions, though.

Carin said...

I understand what you are saying about the colors, but BW can certainly evoke different emotions. For instance, I think the BW really shows of the clouds coming in. thanks for sharing. Now I want to go to Hawaii.