Saturday, June 13, 2009

Arizona Birds

Where is everybody?? I've been waiting to see all your bird photos. I guess I will just have to add more. Today we went hiking at Madera Canyon. Its a beautiful canyon just South of Tucson thats known for all the many kinds of birds. There is a lodge there that puts out feeders so people like me will come and take pictures. Here are some photos of the birds that were at the feeders. Some are not very good because I couldn't get very close and had to rely on my zoom.

The birds below are Blue Jay, Wild Turkey, Black Headed Grosbeak, Acorn Woodpecker and Blue Grosbeak.



















5 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

Those are so great. How neat to have a place you can go to to see a variety of birds fairly close. What a treat. You got some very nice photos. I sure like that grossbeak. My mom used to get those in western Montana though a slightly different variety. Do you have cross beaks there?

The J's said...

wonderful!! Between getting ready and being at convention, I had no time to go looking, and no luck at having anything appear in front of me either!

Auntie M said...

Beautiful post and you have very colorful feathered friends.

Carl said...

Wow, great colorful subjects...

Mom.... said...

I'vw never seen a blue groabeak before......what a beautiful bird.....