I just love the blue birds, seems like once they arrive you know spring is finally here.
Then I caught him as he was just taking flight.
I thought it was pretty neat how this guy had a worm in his beak. Ahh, the early bird does get the worm!
These two are at the Billings Zoo. One was shot and the other got into the power lines, someone should talk to Russ about that!! =) These two (male, female) have been together for I think 8 years and this is the first year they produced an egg. It wasn't a viable egg but the zoo handlers think it shows great signs they are ready and comfortable to begin breeding. 

5 comments or thoughts:
Great pictures. The peacocks are amazing! Your blue jays looks a little different than ours. Ours are not as bright. I also love the bird with the worms.
It is a Rocky Mountain Blue Bird, I just love them because they are so bright blue.
oh! you have awesome pictures here!
The zoo is such a fun place to get great bird shots and you sure did. I love peacocks... they are awesome. The bald eagle is always a favorite. Great post.
I love Blue Birds, but sadly have seen so few of them...
Post a Comment