Monday, June 15, 2009

Birds

This Chickadee was in our yard just this morning. My kids found it and were quite worried, as it seemed to be wounded. I took a few pictures of it and then we left it alone.
Last week I went with my daughter on a zoo field trip, so I took that opportunity to photograph several birds I'd otherwise not see. This one is a Victoria-crowned pigeon (Goura victoria) and apparently is normally found in the tropics. Good, huh? I even got the latin name!
Not sure what this one is...maybe a crane or a heron?
And this is unmistakably a Bald Eagle, of course.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

Those are so beautiful. The pigeon is very unique and pretty. Great shots.

Auntie M said...

Great bird shots - I likethe blue pigeon too... it is beautiful!!

Carl said...

Awesome Eagle Picture... Great Job