Monday, June 15, 2009

Feathered neighbors

I decided that I would take pictures of my feathered neighbors that I enjoy so much. Nothing exotic or unusual... just enjoyed!

First is the most welcome little bird I know - they always let us know Spring is really here. They cheer our hearts as each winter closes!
I love the yellow finches... they are so colorful and so shy. This shot of the three is a favorite of the ones I got.

Another shot of our colorful friends.
The doves are so shy and so quiet... except for their gentle cooing, you would miss their presence.
Can't forget our year round feathered friends. The sparrows stay with us all year.
This little one is intent on getting a bite to eat... not so colorful but still appreciated.

2 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

these are wonderful. My mom always marks on her calendar when the first robin arrives. Spring indeed =)

Carl said...

Great pictures, I always enjoy the finches and sparrows in my neighborhood...