I used one like this, as a child often. In the winter it would turn cold, then in the summer it would be blazing hot.
Another childhood memory: As a child my Grandma would come into town to pick my sister and I up. (Grandpa came some, and in the later years of 88 -90 Grandma hardly ever drove) The pick up truck was a different blue. The handle was difficult for my sister to operate, as she was a little to short. I seemed to endlessly pinch my thumb. We'd load up, slam the door and away we'd go with no seat belts or restraints. Grandma was a faster driver than Grandpa. I remember one time Grandma did not get her door shut all the way so as we were traveling down the road at a higher rate of speed than I thought Grandmothers ever drove she flung open her door and slammed it shut. I was horrified for our lives but some how we made it to the ranch and our weekend was full of gathering eggs, eating mush, frying donuts, bottle feeding lambs (depending on the "SEASON") and even feeding the cattle -My sister or I'd drive the tractor in a big circle while Grandpa would push the hay off the wagon, plus many many other wonderful things every season! Not seasons like winter, fall, summer, & spring. But you know, lambing, haying and so forth. I desire some many of these qualities to be experienced for my children. Not only experienced, but a way of life. The simple ways of life & things!!! Ya, I admit what I have just stated is I feel out of place. I fester inside. I or We are strongly desiring some changes in our life! They are necessary for many reasons. One step at a time. I am willing to watch and wait, and in my secret place ask for guidance in filling our place & being flexible for where ever we may be needed. (Maybe this is not the place to disclose all this so excuse me now if so) I cease not till I mentioning this same truck took us to mtg as a child. I am very grateful for those rides too!
What a fun topic. I agree we should visit that one again, or some version of it. No this is not my stash of junk but It sure is appealing to a photographer. Wyatt really wanted his picture taken but the metal was cold! I found some very funny expressions that day, in a boy that makes me laugh endlessly.
Solved




19 comments or thoughts:
Can opener!
Spurs?
Wow, that's tough! I'm going to guess maybe a tool of Wade's?
Perhaps part of a sewing machine?
I said I liked these kinds of puzzles, not that I was good at them!
TIRES!!!
Hum...Well, like Amy I was thinking Spurs, but than I was thinking maybe it is some kind of farm implement...
Roller skates?
The old leather yoke hanging outside our bedroom door.
Could it be a horse collar?
I used one like this often as a child. It would get very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. If I haven't given it away by now.......
A door knob!
a metal ride-on car, old pedal car?
A wagon?
Woops, had the wrong blog up when I left the last comment, it was just me.
It looks like something with a headlight.
That was a good one, Wrena! We never see that kind of door handle these days. I'll bet that old truck has a lot of great memories trapped inside...
I'm LOL as Mike had guessed it was a part to a saddle. Guess he doesn't know his horses or should I say "horsepower".:) That's a great one! I never would've guessed that as Amy's right...you don't see them much anymore.
I had totally forgotten they made door handles like that! They sure didn't crack or the plastic come loose like they do now either!
Hey...I got it HALF right...I said can OPENER! LOL. Look at the size of those rear view mirrors.
Post a Comment