FUN TOPIC! I love getting to know other cities better!
Since it's tough to get pictures of this in the winter...I'll dream of summer and post some pictures from the past....
By far, in my opinion, the most wonderful thing in Washington State is Mount Rainier. Mt. Rainier is an active volcano, which erupted approximately 150 years ago. Standing at 14,410 ft. it is a spectacle in the Northwest and can be seen looming high above the city of Seattle. The common saying around here is "The Mountain is Out"- when it's a clear day and it is visible. Several years ago, we did the Wonderland Trail. The famous trail is a 93 mile loop around the mountain, that some say.. can be like walking a giant pie crust (up and down the whole way). It was a great chance to see the mountain from all angles and really enjoy it's beauty. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip...
The first picture here is taken from "the Cowlitz Divide"... The next is taken from "Summerland"... an area of amazing beauty and frequented by black bear...
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Greetings From Washington State...
And here's one more picture. This is taken from a place called Grand Park- one of my favorite areas to go for a long hike. This picture was taken in the fall.
category ~ regional views
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments or thoughts:
Awesome pictures! Makes me want to go hiking!
Beautiful pictures!
I grew up in the mountains of Montana so appreciate beautiful mountains! Great Pictures!!
AAHH. Your making me homesick for Washington. I love your photos but as you know, actually being there is just beyond what a photo can get or what words can describe. I was on Mt. Ranier a few months ago and you make me want to go BACK! Great photos!!!
The pictures are breath taking! I would so love to visit WA some day. We actually have some very dear friends in the Seattle area so we are hoping to make it up there soon. (That's all relative you know!)
Perfect photos of what looks like the perfect outdoor country. Are those lupines in the middle photo?
I miss Washington! The pix of Mt. Rainier are beautiful!
Yes, Amy! Good guess on the flowers. The fields out there in last July are jaw-dropping.
Washington is a beautiful state and you posted beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment