Thursday, January 3, 2008

The High Chair


While thinking about this challenge I knew I wanted to do something from my son's point of view. I see every thing at 64 inches, he sees every thing at 34 inches. (Give or take, I really don't know how tall he is!) Of course one thing he sees all the time is his high chair. It looks different when I get down on his level. I didn't see the clean top of the tray, instead it was...well, what you see in the picture. It's amazing how everything looks so different from your child's point of view.

I just have a point and shoot - Canon PowerShot SD800 IS. It works fine for what I do on a daily basis, but I'm coveting everyone else's SLR's! I'd love to be able to get other shots that I just can't with my camera. For now though, I feel like it's a great little camera to be able to just stick in my purse and take where ever I want.

Looking forward to seeing what every one else comes up with!

Kristen

7 comments or thoughts:

<3 Sierra said...

That's pretty cool! It's really a different world from a little one's point of view! :D

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was finally eye level with the counter top... I spotted a tiny peppercorn from salami on my aunt's counter and intrigued by the little ball shape, popped it into my mouth!

Unforgettable!

Mimi/Susan said...

I like the B&W picture...it helps the viewer focus on the point of view, rather than just the view. But then again, you always take great pictures!

Wade said...

Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaa I have no patience.

Anonymous said...

I did day care for 25 years and often thought of the little ones perspective - quite different than ours...

Traci K said...

That's a good one, Kristen. Just glad your high chair looked better than ours did at that angle. Our would have had puree'd carrots, squash, peas etc. on it!:)

Anonymous said...

That is a twin to the high chair we had for our kids thats retired now. I did see the chair from this angle plenty picking up food disguarded to the floor. LOL Moms I think we have all been there! Great photo too! I charish b/w!!