Thursday, January 3, 2008

Outside Looking In

I went fishing on new years day. Each kid came by and looked in through the window of the ice
hut. Kinda steamed up the window, was -17 degrees in the morning. These pictures were taken in the afternoon. The 17 inch rainbow in the bottom corner, was only fish I caught for the day. Had a little help from photo shop to create this picture. I love it, fishing that is, and maybe taking pictures, oh yea, and the kids, and possibly fish.

10 comments or thoughts:

All American Family said...

And I think 25 degrees is way to cold for humans to survive! Guess if you're a Southerner it is - our blood is thinner down here. I like the outside shot then seeing the three kids faces, looks like they're saying "OK, you've taken our picture, now let us in!"

Anonymous said...

You are hearty folks!! Kids love adventures - cold or hot!! Nice!

Mimi/Susan said...

This suh'n belle has to ask...do you have some kind of heat in that "tent/hut"? I wouldn't want to melt the ice and fall through, but on the other hand I sure could get some Long John Silver a lot easier! But a great picture.

Traci K said...

Susan, I'm not sure they know what Long John Silvers is up there, but they know Skippers!:) It doesn't look like your kids. At a glance, the one on top almost looks like you, Wade! What a great angle to capture them! How was the trout?

<3 Sierra said...

I love the outside-looking-in and the inside-looking-out perspectives! Nice twist! :D

All American Family said...

Amen on the Long John Silver's comment!

Wade said...

Yea I know what Long John Silvers is. I ate at one when I was a kid. You can put heat in the hut. The ice is about 14 inches thick. You dont ever have to worry about falling, melting through. The ice is too cold, and lots of it.

Donna and Jim said...

I like fishing too but that looks cold. It would sure be interesting to try. Great photos.

Anonymous said...

Great clear shots... I really like the cameos of the kids and the way you captured their breath on the window.

Darla said...

I think your crazy to freeze by choice but your kids are dang cute (O: