I decided to shoot from a toddlers point of view the perspective of meeting a large dog. I had noticed over the years how skittish they are when they come close to one. But it is a bit scary when those big teeth are right by your face... even if the dog is friendly. The dog, Maggie is a sweet adorable dog who would not hurt anyone.
I used auto for the shoot. Maggie is so friendly that I had to get help from my daughter to distract her so she didn't try to lay beside me or sit in my lap.
11 comments or thoughts:
Wow! That is a big dog! I haven't seen a big dog up close like this since KING ~ I am skittish too! Great point of view!
Yikes! Now that is a perspective... right down to the pointy teeth and drooling jowls.
Now that my kids are older it doesn't bother me, but when they were little, I would hardly go places where there were big dogs like that. And now, our Molly greets all the little ones with fat wet kisses on their faces. Yechh! Some kids like it, some quite loudly don't, ...
How cute! It looks like he has a milk mustache.
Maggie might not hurt anyone, but I'd be fightened of walking up to her as a stranger! Nice perspective.
She used to be all black on her muzzle got the white hair after she was injured on her... when the hair grew back it was white. She is a real sweetie.
awe...sweet pooch. It would be scary to see nothing but dog teeth right in your face. Love the pictures.
And that is why a wise firefighter always has milk bones in their bunker pockets!
Scary perspective! I'm not a fan of dogs and try to keep the kids away from the ones we aren't familiar with as you never know which ones are friendly or not. That's a great perspective. Now I know why the kids were shy of them when they were little!
Wow! Great photos, Auntie Mary! I especially like the middle one, where Maggie doesn't look so scary.
What a cute puppy! My son always had the opposite problem even as a toddler he would walk up to big huge strange dogs he didn't know and start petting them. I had to be very vigilant. He's still like that but at least he's learned the rule to ASK first.
Very good pictures. I have a Sheppard too and I know how hard getting pictures of them can be!
Post a Comment