Great topic, Donna! Thanks for making us get creative and see the world in a "new angle". I have two pictures to share. The first one here is "HOW RAIN SEES THE OBJECT IT'S ABOUT TO HIT".
The next one is a picture that I took last Summer. We'll call it "THE VIEW FROM THE LUPINE LEAF ABOVE" or "HOW A LADYBUG SEES THE WORLD".
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Two "perspectives".
category ~ A New Perspective
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments or thoughts:
WOW! THAT IS REALLY GREAT!
Good shot Tami! The ladybug is spectacular. I'd love to know how you did it? What settings did you use? What kind of camera do you have?
Heres a question for anybody, how do you know if your digital camera is a SLR? I've seen several people mention it but I don't know if I have one or not? Sorry I'm so ignorant on this stuff.
I love close pictures. I like the hair on the flower leaves. Great pictures. I like taking pictures of rain drops. Maybe some day I could have a good enough lense to get a reflection in the rain drop.
oooo....I'm so jealous of the pics you can get! Love the shots! What camera and lense did you use?
Lighting is probably the most important thing in photography. On this note-- SLR means single-lense reflex. It uses a automatic moving mirror system. When you take the picture, the mirror inside flips up, which projects more light into the image sensor. This allows you to have a better picture. Most SLR cameras are bigger than your normal camera. Newer cameras are referred to DSLR. The D in front of SLR just means digital. SLR cameras are more money to purchase, well worth it though.
The clarity in the picture is amazing. The short depth of field on the raindrop is awesome, really makes the branch appear to lift of the picture.
Thanks Wade. I quess I do have an SLR. I just looked it up. I bought my camera on e-bay a while back and I really didn't know what I was getting at the time, it just looked good.
That was supposed to say "off the picture", guess my proof reading skills need a little work...
Hi again,
Wade said it best- lighting is the key! I have a white balance on my camera (a Cannon Powershot G3)and it gives me an idea of what will work best. Next, I always use the macro setting for close ups. Usually it's represented by a flower or something on your camera (most cameras have them). The macro allows you to get very close to an object without blurring the focus and retain short depth of field. I dream of an SLR... but will have to keep that on the wish list for now. My camera also allows me to set aperture or f-stop priority. I've really enjoyed nature subjects. Bugs are a particular challenge because they are often so skittish. Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.
This reminded me of a few pix I have taken. One is of a bee landing on our flowers. Your camera is great for what all you've shown us so far!!! Can't wait to see more!
Great shots - so clear and the color is so vivid! Love the subjects too!
Those are great shots...proof positive that you don't always need an SLR to capture them, but just need to know what you're doing!:) Take if from Tami...she used to do photography, so she's my "camera contact" when I'm shopping for one.:) I guess I need to study my camera manual to figure out all the settings!
Fantastic shots... thanks for sharing all your tips, everyone. I'm realizing how important lighting is, especially this time of year. I'm needing some light therapy myself! :)
Wonerful pictures and you didn't even know your camera that well! I love the vibrant colors of the ladybug--it looks like Mexican cookware colors.
Post a Comment