Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ute Indians


University of Utah. Go Runnin Utes!

Utah State capital building in dowtown Salt Lake City.

Petroglyphs in Nine Mile canyon outside the town of Price.


More Petroglyphs in the canyon. Took these pictures this fall during elk hunt. Ute indians still live in Utah. Utah was named after the Ute indians.

9 comments or thoughts:

Traci K said...

Wade...awesome pictures! A very good representation of SLC! You missed the pictures of the snowplows in winter though.

ducknme said...

I love the petroglyphs!

All American Family said...

Very interesting. I never thought about indians in Utah. I always think NC, OK, NM, and AZ when I think about indians. Kind of silly hugh. Thanks for the interesting pictures.

Anonymous said...

Cool petroglyphs! I think there are fines for "modern" artwork like that... they call it graffiti. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!! I love the pictographs!! I saw some really neat ones in AZ. The rocks were black and where they were scratched it turned white!

Anonymous said...

Your photography is so beautiful! Your little vacation has sure been documented. What an eye you have to make art through the shutter! WINK! Next time you go down south, please take me, I want to enjoy the amaizing beauties that you'll cross paths of.

Donna and Jim said...

Cool petroglyphs. I recently went out looking for petroglyphs in our area. Thanks for sharing.

The J's said...

These are really neat to see!

Mimi/Susan said...

Enjoyed these pictures.. I too never thought about Indians with Ut. and I have Indian blood! My hubby says I stay on the warpath!