Friday, February 22, 2008

Not so shallow




What an interesting challenge, was difficult to narrow down to an object my personality but I think I might have achieved the outcome. Those who know me or read my blog know that my personality type is ISTP, which may or may not help out on seeing the picture.

Everyone sees a different side, some are able to see beyond the exterior, others will only see the causes you support, few will understand your foundation, but your true friends will see it all in perspective.

Other than that, I had a lot of fun digging out the box of Magnetix.

14 comments or thoughts:

Wrena said...

Good post! I see you!

All American Family said...

Wow Carl - you are "complex". Yes, I have been to your blog a few times and am not surprised to learn what your "official" personality type is. I think the picture probably depicts who you are...even though I don't know you.

I'm an ESFJ for anyone who cares...
now go forth and Google it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm shallow enough that I don't even know what kind of personality I am... I'll have to google it and find out what all this means. That said, and not knowing you, I'm totally confused, not to mention mathematically and mechanically handicapped.

I like the creative energy you put into the project, though... I CAN appreciate that.

Carl said...

I don't think I would call that shallowness, but for those that are interested; there is a myers-brigg personality type test on tickle.com. The easiest way to get there is to click on 'my blog' in the post and than at the end of my ISTP, huh post is 'Myers-Briggs indicator' which will take you to the test. You will have to create an account (its free) to access the test. They try to get you to buy the certified test results, but you can get the basic results for free. Than just look up your four letters using Google or Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator) and wallah!

I took the actual tests through a leadership course for the fire department and was amazed on the results. For those that are curious...

Auntie M said...

Very Interesting!! I think you are more sentimental that the post shows! :)

Love

ducknme said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I took that test! as I recall I am ISFJ. Great pic though!

Carl said...

How about we brand one of the internal ballast steelies with sentimental. ;)

Nichole said...

well ducknme...we're the same! isfj...we make up only 7% of the entire population...kind of nice to be rare! well done on the post fred

Traci K said...

If I'm not mistaken, weren't the Magnetix recalled? We had some that went up in the closet. Ugh! Seems some kids were swallowing them and corroding their stomach lining. Wasn't pretty. Very good description of a complex personality though!

Carl said...

Yes, some of the Magnetix were recalled good catch, and I do have the before recall kind which I like much better than the ones they are selling now. The recall was because several kids were seriously injured when they swallowed the magnets. The magnets would attract each other and perforate the intestinal wall which caused serious health issues. Kudos to you!

Anyone wanting to 'dispose' of the before recall kind are encouraged to send them my way. ;)

<3 Sierra said...

I don't know that we can trust you with recalled Magnetix...you might swallow them or something....Teehee! :D I agree with Auntie Mary and I think that this post also shows that you are just a kid in adult disguise. :D Oh, well, that's why we love you! Hearts!

Carl said...

There you go, awesome idea for the next challenge, "What I can be trusted with." ;) Oh wait, it would be more fun for it is was pictures of things I couldn't be trusted with...

Carl said...

Hahaha, just read my last comment and realize I shouldn't comment on Blogs when I am on the phone. Wow, that was some awesome grammar!

<3 Sierra said...

Um, yeah, whatever you were on when you wrote that comment is definately something you can't be trusted with! Oh, and I think you might just have to write abook about what you can't be trusted with...the list might be too long!!! :D