

About 15 years ago I talked my grandma into giving me this photo. This photo is the oldest photo in our family and I was told it was taken about 1864. I don't know if thats true. However, if it is, the photo is 144 years old. Somewhere over the years some child got the photo and drew hair and eyes on the people. You can't really see it unless you click on the photo and enlarge it. I have been meaning to get this restored somehow but didn't want to spend the money to have someone else do it and I wasn't sure how to do it myself. So, thanks for the challenge. I still have alot of work to do on the photo but seeing the hours I have already spent on it, I really don't have any more time this week to spend on it. So, its still a work in progress. The top one is my restoration and the bottom one is the original. One of the boys in the photo is my Great grandpa Gieszelmann. (Don't know which one).
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Restoration in Progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments or thoughts:
All I can say is WOW! Glad to have that one!
Intersting Note: When Wade and I got married an envelope came one day from his Great Aunt Mary, inside was a sweet letter and 2 originals of my grandparents wedding day. I was over joy'd! I sense have lent them to my Mom and she made copies for the rest of the family. One of the two no one had ever seen the proof. My dear grandparents are gone now so and so is Great Aunt Mary, so there all treasure!!
Sorry folk for writing a novel!!!
BTW there were no names on them so had she not departed of them when she did no one would have known who or where they should go. But the year was on them I found that very intersting!
How cool Wrena. I love old photos and they are such a treasure. I have my Great Grandparents wedding photo from 1904 (one of the boys in this photo). They married late in life and adopted my grandfather in 1911. That photo however is in pristine condition and sitting on my piano ;-)
Wow, you've done a great job! The technology available to us now is amazing.
That looks so great. Did someone color the eyes on some of the people? You can see the drawing on the hair too. How wonderful to have such an old photo. We don't have ANY old photos so I am sure you cherish yours. What different times they were. When I look at old pictures it always strikes me that no one smiles. I wonder when that started for people to start smiling?
Great work.
Wow, what a wonderful example of the power of digit editing. Old photos can never be replaced...
Great job!! That photo is a real treasure!! I love the ability we have not to work with photos!!
You've done a wonderful job! Years ago I paid to have a lot of family pictures restored and think how much money I could have saved if digital photography had been available then. With a little geneology research you might can find the birth order of your great g'father and then know which boy he is.
Great job, Donna! It's always fun to look through old photos and imagine what life was like back then!
Post a Comment