Saturday, April 19, 2008

Old Black and White

A close college friend of mine gave me this picture to restore of her Grandfather and Great Uncle. I was able to do quite a bit of work with repairing the original. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the repair done before her Grandfather and her Uncle Charlie both passed away. The family cherishes the picture and now all the grandkids and great-grandkids have a copy.

The Original...


Restored...
Now that I have learned a few more tricks with Elements, I might aught to think about revisiting the restoration as I am sure I could blend things a little better now.

5 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

That looks great. Lot's of work I am sure! Good job.

Auntie M said...

What a good job!! I love the result!

Wrena said...

NICE JOB!

Mimi/Susan said...

You did a great job, Carl. My improv piano teacher talks about his "bag of tricks" he's teaching me..I need photoshop elements "bag of tricks" too! I think I'm too old to learn very many more tricks! It's a trick to remember where my keys are sometime!

Traci K said...

Great job! I'm a slow learner too...like Susan!:)