Saturday, April 26, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa

I found an old picture of my grandparents and decided to see what I could do with it. I don't have a scanner, so this is a picture of a picture (not the best for editing, I know). Anyway, I changed a few things and it's a bit clearer but still grainy. Any suggestions for getting it more in focus? I'm new at this Photoshop stuff and I've found that it's not very user friendly. I think I need to buy the book "Photoshop for Dummies".:)
Before:
After:

6 comments or thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure did a nice job at bringing them in close and the color out!

Carin said...

I like the verticle orientation and the color you brought out.

Not sure what version you are using but in Elements 6 you can lessen the noise by going to Filter, Noise, Reduce Noise. Then there are three slider bars you can adjust. May-be you could try some of the other options in noise as well. Don't know if that helps. Keep up the good work.

All American Family said...

I can't really tell you what else to do...I would just have to "play" with it. Looks like you've done a great job in starting to learn the program. I would reccomend reading anything by Scott Kelby. He also does tours around the US so keep an eye out...he may come to Houston some day...if so I want to come too!!!

Auntie M said...

Nice job - a scanner is really handy for this kind of work. I took lessons on Elements (Photoshop) from a professional through night classes first and then took one private lesson. It cost twice as much for the private class but I got so much more out of it, it was worth it. You might want to call and see if that is available through the school systems' night classes or through a photographer. It really helped because I agree - it is not user friendly.

Mimi/Susan said...

You have done a great job on improving this picture! I want so bad to learn lots about elements, but the dummies book(as little time as this dummy spends with it) doesn't cut it.

Donna and Jim said...

Oh, its so good to see a photo of your grandparents. I remember them. You did a great job without a scanner. However, I think its time Mike bought you one. I mean really, you should be rewarded for all the yard work you have been doing, plus all the painting of chairs and everything.