Fact: On October 26, 1803, Lewis and Clark, set off on their journey down the Ohio River from Clarksville, Indiana.
Clarksville is just across the river from Louisville, Kentucky, which you see in this next picture.
These pictures are from our spring break two years ago, and taken at the Falls of the Ohio State Park. These rocks are actually the largest exposed fossil reef from what paleontologists have called the Devonian age or "age of fish"... 395 million???? years old.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Lewis and Clark in Indiana
category ~ amy b., Flat Expedition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments or thoughts:
Looks great!!! Love the way the blend into the rock so well.
Great Job!
Wow! You did a good job blending them into the picture! :D
I love how you made them look like part of the rocks, they look like they belong there. Beautiful photos!
That looks great! ditto to everyone's comments!
I've been there. Wonder if they visited before me? Don't anyone dare say no!
Great idea for the post! I bet they weren't as weathered when they started out as they were in the end!
Post a Comment