Well, I feel so inadequate compared to whats already been posted. Everybody has had wonderful posts so far. I had some ideas of what I wanted to post but just ran out of time and energy this week. So, I am submitting this photo. I took this at a baseball game this spring. They were tossing free t-shirts into the crowd and everybody wanted one, except the man in black. I didn't notice him until I downloaded my photos and then he kind of freaked me out. Anyway, I just thought of all the hands wanting something for nothing. It makes me look at my own hands and wonder "How much am I taking and how much am I giving back?" I know some who look for a free hand-out everywhere they can. I don't want these hands of mine to be better at taking than at giving. I quess I need to "work" more at that.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments or thoughts:
That's a great photo...lots 'o hands! The "man in black" does stick out like a sore thumb! Love your thought.
That guy in black probably was looking at a "hot babe"!: ) Makes for an interesting picture!
hot Babe? Wasn't me. I was probably sweating but thats it.
And once you get the "free t-shirt" or whatever, it's never quite as exciting as you think it should have been. Especially the next day, you look around and think, "Well, I got a free t-shirt, but it's the wrong size and kind of cheap looking." But when you give truly and from the heart, that stays with you. And it always fits. Nice thought.
Very interesting! Photo and commentary both.
Maybe the guy is standing there thinking "I can't believe these crazy people...all for a silly T-shirt!
Interesting picture and a thought provoking commentary. Sometimes as they say, "One picture is worth a thousand words." Hands are used both for taking and giving. And what about that man in black? What is he thinking? It sure made me stop and consider. Thanks for taking the time to contribute. It is a good one!
The man in black is not the only one intrigued, two others looking in the same direction. Makes me wonder why wearing black on a sunny day seemed like a good idea, maybe he was testing the 'true' performance of underarmor heat gear. Great Pic
I agree with others... interesting photograph. Without the story, I could imagine several different scenarios to go along with it. Love the colors!
I'm with Carl, there must have been something else catching their attention as there are a few others looking that direction. I too like the colors. I was wondering what you did to the edges to blur it, I like that.
Hi Carin -
For this photo, I used the free picasa program to crop it, enhance the color and blur the edges. Its a great free program you can download off the internet. I use several programs because there are certain elements that I like about different programs.
Thanks everybody for your comments.
Thanks, I'll try that. Again, great job.
Post a Comment