Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hardly Workin' Hands





More like playing in the dirt. For lack of other hands around to photograph, I did my own. Some people have naturally beautiful hands. If I had my choice, I would photograph my memories of:

Grandpa's hands on the banjo.
Grandma's hands making biscuits.
Dad's hands, feeling the hay to see if it's dry.
Mom's hands, putting clothes through the wringer washer.
My husband's hands, holding one of our babies.
The beautiful strong hands of my friend, cooking up one of her delicacies.
And God's hands, working unimaginable beauties in our lives.

6 comments or thoughts:

All American Family said...

Wow Amy - those are great! I too am wishing I could photograph some hands that have passed on. Thankfully we can have these memoires "photographed" into our minds though.

ducknme said...

Wonderful pics. I find myself "playing in the dirt" too. Gardening is too much fun to be called work.

parose said...

Great pics, Amy! I agree that it would be wonderful to have pictures of hands that made an impact on our lives and are now gone. And never to go unnoticed are the big hands of God. His handiwork is everywhere.

Donna and Jim said...

You did awesome! Great photos.

The J's said...

I like them!!

Mimi/Susan said...

Those really were working hands! I remember after my Dad died his brother came by the house a few days later. The thing that struck me so was how his hands looked like my Dad's. I took several pictures of his hands that day and am so glad to have them.