Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just so you'll know I'm still in...

Unlike Carin, I took 60 new photographs and NONE of them were what I wanted. It has been raining here lately and though that means plenty of water, it also means not wanting to get out and get the camera wet, though Wrena managed to get some beauties.

Here are a couple of old photos, one from 2005 that some of you Wyoming folks may be able to guess the location.


And another from a recent watercolor session with the kids. I like the way the water bends the objects in and behind it.


Great job, everyone, on contest so far. I am wanting to learn the shutter speed thing, too, so I can take better moving water pictures.

8 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

Both of those are really great! I would guess Yellowstone but I really don't know. It looks so fast and powerful. Love the rainbow too, are there two?

Great idea with the water colors, it is so unique and I love the way it shows through the glass. Great job!

Auntie M said...

I love all the aspects of water and photography - it sure makes things interesting!!

Great shots - both of them!!

Wrena said...

Glad you shared! Good Job!

Carl said...

I think I have been there...Well, at least I was around a couple different large water falls in WY, not sure just how many they have...

All American Family said...

Very interesting Amy...love the rainbow in the water fall picture, and the reflection of the colors picture in the other!

Donna and Jim said...

I love the water and the watercolors. Its such a colorful and intersting photo. Good job!

Mimi/Susan said...

I really, really like the bottom pictue and think it'd make a cute poster.

ducknme said...

I like the rainbow in the waterfall... well actually the rainbow of colors in the other one too.