Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Water Droplets

I had a lot of fun taking these pictures today. This one here is one of my favorites . In the top part you can see the inverted version of the Hydranga plant behind it.

I should say that other than cropping each image I did NOT photoshop any of these images.
On this next image I had a slightly slower shutter speed.
This had a slower shutter speed as well. I like how it still caught the dop but it also showed movement.
I really like the balck and blue color as well as the shape of this one.


13 comments or thoughts:

Carl said...

WOW!!! Completely amazing...Please tell me you had to take 'hundreds' of pictures to capture such awesome picture.

Auntie M said...

FANTASTIC!!! This challenge is turning out to be spectacular!!

<3 Sierra said...

Ummmm, soooo.....you make me jealous! AND you should be a professional photographer. Supercalafragilisticexpealadocious!!!!

Wrena said...

I am speachless! The very last one is my absolute favorite! Still trying to figure out how your organized all this. Did you try this at home. Just kidding! Su'perb'ly Done Carin!!!

Carin said...

I took about 60 pictures. Most of them came out wonderfully. The ones that didn't come out were due to the fact that I snapped the shutter way too late. I had so many favorites it was hard to choose. I just set up a tripod and started snapping. I was addicted and wanted more and more pics. Also experimented with different F-stops, anywhere from 4.5 to 17 produced very different results. Thanks for the nice words.

The J's said...

They are totally incredible!! Really fun to see these. wow, wow, wow!!!

All American Family said...

ummm...WOW is all I can say! How are the rest of us (I'm really speaking for myeslf!!) supposed to follow that??

Donna and Jim said...

How did you do it? Did you have a bucket of water? A Pool? I'm so curious and I'm going to have to try this. However, I am confident that I cannot do anywhere as well as you have. These are truly awesome photos!!!!

Donna and Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Traci K said...

As soon as I saw the first one, I knew those had to be yours (not that any of the rest of us aren't capable...we are, we're probably just not as familiar or well studied up on our camera features).:) Absolutely amazing! Those should be entered in an art contest! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Really, really nice, Carin. You've set the bar pretty high here.

How did you get the different colors?

Mimi/Susan said...

What more can be said? Those pictures are worth printing and putting on your wall! I've been too busy to take a water picture, and now feel too intimidated!

ducknme said...

I love the "jungle" feel of the leaves behind the water drops. And what beautiful shapes!