Sunday, May 11, 2008

Water


The photos that I was originally going to submit are the photos of the fountains. I took the photos a few years ago while we where in Las Vegas. I thought it was interesting how just changing the setting on the camera could give a complete different look to the photo. Then Carin posted such awesome photos of a water drop. Truly amazing. Since she was gracious enough to give us all instruction as to how she did it, etc. I had to try. After all, what good is a photo challenge if we can't learn and grow as photographers. So, this afternoon I set a bowl of water on our kitchen table and hung out with an eye dropper. The first photo was using a clear bowl and the other photos where using a white bowl. I cannot even come close to how good Carin did. I could not achieve the brilliant colors as she did nor the clarity. Its interesting how different our photos came out. I think that artistic ability is a huge part of photography and well as knowing your camera. However, I thought I would share my try. Did anybody else try to do this?






6 comments or thoughts:

Mimi/Susan said...

Good try, Donna. And I also like the two versions of the fountain.

Carin said...

I think they turned out great. I like that little drop suspended mid air. I like the colors from the first one in the clear bowl. Also like the shape of that last drop. Good Job! The fountain looks really neat, too.

Anonymous said...

Really nice water fountain, Donna. The lights from under the surface give it an eerie glow. I like the red awnings behind the fountain and the way they give contrast to the blue-green of the water.

ducknme said...

I like the "pearl" color of the second set of water droplets. It's amazing how different colors can reflect or absorb light differently.

Anonymous said...

Those fountains are awesome aren't they?!!
I have some of the dancing waters, but my daughter took them, not me.
Maxine

Traci K said...

Awesome pictures and I love the fountain too! A lot of water circulating there!:)