What a challenge this one has turned out to be, in my quasi-slothish surroundings it was not easy to find something moving, at least not when I had a camera handy. I attempted to get a couple of pictures of my nephew in his busy lifestyle, but I think the pictures are just bad in general and not blurry because of his cat like reflexes.
Here is what the 'controlled' gas leak looks like without any firefighters messing around with the simulator, well except me of course giving the unit the onion! That isn't even valves wide open style of action!
This next one you can barely see the flames in the water spray and are only visible as an orangish tint. There is still active fire even will all that water being sprayed and if the firefighters do not keep the hose spray positioned ABSOLUTELY correctly the fire can and will roll back into them. I wish I would have caught that action, but I was busy manning the safety valve just in case they didn't react quick enough. They learned quickly, nothing like a little flame on the leg.
I like this picture, the water droplets make an interesting contrast with the rest of the almost actionless picture. Firefighters tend to move relatively slowly...well at least when approaching these types of situations.
The last one is just a picture of a pool fire that is burning through the foam layer, the stop motion of the orange ball of fire is pretty neat. Of course I am just a little bit biased.
What a great challenge it has turned out to be, I am going to have to play around a little more to see what else I might be able to capture. Anyone have a high speed camera I can borrow? I would really like to capture bullets in flight and their vapor trails...
6 comments or thoughts:
Fascinating pictures! You're right this wasn't an easy challenge. Thanks for a little insight into the dangerous job our firefighters face too.
They all are great, I especially like the bottom one. I hadn't tried "action" pictures for a very long time, and had a difficult time coming up with anything. Like many of the other challenges, I really want to work some more on it.
Great fire traning pictures. I think my surroundings are "quasi-slothish" too. At least nothing seems to happen when I've got a camera in my hand. But the Idea of the bullet vapor trails sound facinating, you'll have to post that if you do manage to get a pic.
The fire pictures are awesome!! And little T is adorable - what a cutie. Great post.
Good job, Carl. I like the last picture too. It looks like a BBQ grill buried in snow!
Really neat effects, with the mist and the flame. I can feel the heat and the spray!
Lots of my babies' photos looked just like that... try to catch them sitting still. :)
Post a Comment