Monday, June 9, 2008

Looking Through a "Lens" Darkly

My husband, Andy, and our friend tubing
through
one of the caves in Belize taken last month.
La Jolla, California - The Sunny Jim Cave.
It is the only one of seven caves in La Jolla that can be reached from land.
All the others must be entered via the ocean.
There are 145 steps down to the bottom of this cave.
We visited this cave often with the children when we lived in San Diego.
It always was an exciting adventure to go there.
I took this picture of
my younger daughter and son
posing in the cave when we visited
a few years ago.

Thought I'd include these "older" pictures I took of the kids
in the same cave
when they were very young.
Stephen
David
Kimberly and Tamara

Thomas Jefferson Memorial "We Hold These Truths"

The Harbor Bridge taken from inside the
Sydney Opera House
on our trip to Australia last year.
I love silhouette pictures. It certainly gives a different perspective.

9 comments or thoughts:

Auntie M said...

Beautiful pictures and from such far away places!! Awesome.

Carin said...

Those caves look really neat. I hate to say this but I haven't even heard of those caves - I grew up in Escondido. I guess when things are in your backyard to don't go to them - I haven't even been to Glacier.

Thanks for sharing your pics and memories.

Carl said...

Love the cave pictures! I enjoy visiting far away places through other people's pictures. Wow!

Wrena said...

Huge pillars! Great Post!

Anonymous said...

Super silhouette examples. The caves would be a really special memory. I'll have to remember those if we ever get out there. And I want to see the Thomas Jefferson someday, too. I like the miniature silhouettes of the people in the background in that one.

Thanks for the travelogue!

The J's said...

Great pictures! I love the bottom one (bridge) With the angles & "window" effect, it's really unique!

Donna and Jim said...

The caves are pretty cool. Great photos. I love the Syndey photo. Reminds me of when I was there.....

Mimi/Susan said...

I love the cave pictures..especially the "jagged" edges around the subjects. Good job!

Traci K said...

Those are great, Patty! Those kids of yours have grown some since then!:)