Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Motion







I was looking for something different and this came up by accident. My daughter noticed how lovely the moon was with the clouds in front of it the other night. These first three pictures are shots of the clouds moving across the moon. The lens time was very long and I love the effect so decided to use them.



This is one of my favorite subjects - children!! They were having a great time at convention running off some excess energy between meetings.

8 comments or thoughts:

parose said...

I love the moonlight behind the clouds. Beautiful! Children are a delightful subject. They seem to always be moving! I used to take pictures of my kids sleeping because it was the only time they were still. Although my eldest son usually fell asleep in action! Great pictures!

The J's said...

Love the effects you got with the clouds too.
The merry-go-round one is neat!
I did one a long time ago with a swing gate & kids. Seems like all the m-g-r's have disappeared now from parks & schools. Must be too "dangerous"!
Our conventions here have picked up some old school playgound things, but not one of these,

Carin said...

I enjoyed the night cloud pictures. I was playing with the camera late last night doing the same thing. Amazing what you can produce by manipulating the different settings. Very pretty. Fun m.g.r. our convention doesn't have any type of equipment for the kids but yet they still come into the next mtg red and hot from running around!

Mimi/Susan said...

Those cloud pictures are great. They have an eerie aura(that sounds musical! :)). A great idea to have a merry-go-round for the kids at conv.

parose said...

The merry-go-round for the kids at convention is a great idea. At Texarkana they have a swing set and other play equipment for the children to expend their energy between meetings. Boy! How I wish we'd had something like that when my kids were that age. It's great for the kids and wonderful for the parents. (smile)

Wrena said...

A LITTLE OF TOPIC - WADE ASKED WHERE THAT IS? I TOLD HIM WITH DETAIL. HE WAS THROWN OFF BECAUSE THE GIRL IN THE PINK ONTOP THE MERRY-GO-ROUND LOOKED IDENTICAL TO THE BACK OF OUR OLDEST DAUGHTER.

GREAT PIX!!!

Anonymous said...

The merry-go-round was what Sierra was going to do!!! Glad someone got the pic!!! N

Anonymous said...

Cool effect with the moon and clouds. Like a pastel on midnight blue paper. Makes me want to get out the drawing materials. :)