I had a hard time with this. The rodeo and fire photos are "old" action photos. One of our "friends" graduated from the fire academy and the firefighters put on a show for us. I thought Carl might like those photos. ;-) The Tucson rodeo is one of my favorite photo taking events to go to. The dog photos are my "new" photos but I wasn't that happy with them because they just looked like messed up photos. My dog was happy to run everywhere I told her too and we had a great time in our 'photo session'.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments or thoughts:
I knkow exactly what you mean about looking a mess but that is the look, going! We all basically have been asked to come out of our comfort zone! Good experience to have ~ so next time your at a wedding where the bride throwing her flowers, what to expect and the look you may or may not want to capture. If it is a racing event that would look totally awsome, the cars zooming with a streek behind them. Great Job Donna!!
Great job, Donna! It was not an easy assignment. You did good! I really like the rodeo shot. Since moving to Houston, we've enjoyed going to their annual rodeo. The fire shots are very dramatic and I love the "action" shots you got of your dog. Such a cooperative photo subject. ; ) Thanks for your contribution.
Patty
Those fire photos are great! You did a great job.
I think they are all great. I know what you mean when you say they look messy. I had several shots of the boys on the trampoline and then removed them from the post because I thought they looked messy. Maybe we are just too critical of ourselves because I think your shots look great.
Great photos,I think you did a great job!! I really had no idea how difficult a challenge it was going to be when I made it!! It's been great to see everyone's pictures, and I do believe we have to "think out of the box"- Our comfort zone as Wrena put it. We're pretty conditioned to try getting the "perfect-in focus" shot! One thing I have found with these challenges, is it makes me think of trying more things when the next opportunity presents itself.
oh YEAH, FIRE!!! That van is smokin' hot! Great photos action photos can be very challenging to capture and not look messy. But that is the perspective action photos are supposed to capture.!
Your challenge was great, Maxine. We all rose to the challenge and came up with some great shots. Like Carl said...action photos are suppose to capture "action" and they won't always be perfect like we are used to having our photos look...with everything in focus.
I like all of your pictures, I think they capture "action" very well. I especially like the one that's a close-up of Princess running and the cactus with the yellow flowers blurred behind her. Great pics!
Good pics - I especially liked the fire and the bucking bronc!! But then I am from Montana and Carl is my nephew!! :)
Great collection of action shots. I felt like I should speed through the post, because they were all moving so fast. I like the blurry backgrounds with the more focused subject.
Post a Comment