Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Silhouettes - Post #2 for me.




You all have challenged me to go out and do something new (vs. the "old" photo that I posted a few days ago). So, tonight as I was hanging out in the back yard with my camera, an Apache Longbow helicopter flew over (thanks to my husband for identifying it for me). I only got one photo opportunity and he was gone. Then the little resident hummingbird was on his nightly perch watching for intruders. I pretty much kinked my neck as I was almost sitting underneath his perch. I love taking photos and I appreciate all the efforts that everyone takes to make this photo challenge blog so much fun to be a part of.

7 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

Love it, love it. I love hummers and am sad mine haven't really returned yet. Glad they are visiting you. Great job catching all of those shots.

Auntie M said...

Great shots!! I love the little hummingbird. We don't have them at our place but sure think they are awesome. We do have a variety of aircraft and think that is a neat shot!

Anonymous said...

Cool that the hummingbirds would sit long enough to take a photo. They are usually flapping madly when I see them.

I like the gradation in values on the blades of the other "bird".

parose said...

Terrific photos! You did a great job. The silhouette of the helicopter is super. I love the ones of the hummingbirds.

Mimi/Susan said...

What does it say about a person who sits in their backyard with a camera?:) Great shots you managed to capture!

The J's said...

That's a great shot you managed to capture of the helicopter!!
I really like the total starkness of all 3 of them also
These are all so fun & so different, I'm wondering if I'm going to have a chance to come up with anything! I've been gone most of this one & not much time left!

Traci K said...

Those are awesome of the birds! Of coarse it probably helps to have that Arizona sun setting too!:)