The weather didn't seem to cooperate very well here. I tried to get the kids to go outside for some ideas I had in mind but between the wind and cold they weren't really into it. Thankfully this old windmill didn't mind.
I actually took this one just days before the challenge was issued. I threw the kids in the Suburban and drove down to the valley below us. I was so surprised to see the three antelope there towards the right side, how lucky is that?
Our dog, Koda. Usually he catches a bit more air, I will try again some day though.
It might be hard to see but the moon is in the very upper left hand corner.
Took a drive to the RR tracks with some ideas in mind. They didn't work for silhouettes but on the return trip there was this Tee Pee. I actually shot this from inside my nice warm Suburban. I was either cold, lazy or didn't want the homeowners to wonder about this lady taking pictures.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
A Windmill and more.....
category ~ Silhouettes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments or thoughts:
Carin, I love all your pictures, but especially the windmill pictures, the one of your dog and the teepee against the skyline. Fantastic selections.
Oh, it's that Wyoming sky that never quits! These are beautiful, Carin.
MMMmmmmm! Way to go!
WOW, I feel highly unqualified to post anymore pictures. As most people can probably tell I adore sunsets...absolutely twitter-pated over the windmill, antelope, sunset picture. I might just have to hang up my lens. ;)
I love all of these pics, but I ADORE the picture of the dog and the sunset. I love how you can see the ball he's / she's chasing.
Beautiful pictures & great job!
I think this challenge has been my favorite so far, such unique photos!!
I like all of them! It's amazing that you didn't even notice the antelope until you looked at it later! Now that you pointed it out, it is a cool detail that kinda makes the picture! I love all of yours! And Freddie, don't give up! You are loved! :D
Sierra, I guess I didn't write my post very well. I did see the antelope as I was taking the picture. I just couldn't believe they didn't run off right away. I only got one pic with three in it. Then two ran off and then the third ran off. They were grunting at me to let me know they weren't happy though!
Very awesome post!! Great pictures... this has been a wonderful catagory!!
I can only echo everyone else. The photos are awesome. Great job!
Carin, you make great pictures and also do a great editing job! I've got SO much to learn.
Am I the only one here who loves that tee pee picture? It's awesome! It reminds me of Cody, Wyoming...I'm guessing you live somewhere close to there.
Post a Comment