Friday, July 18, 2008

Days last rays.

We went out about 10 miles on Wednesday night after Bible study and it was a wash as the clouds were too thick... so with the price of gas I tried my luck closer to home. These are some of the shots.

You can see the sun is getting lower each shot.

I love the rays shooting out from the center.

In the end I was pleased and the gas tank was still almost full! :)

9 comments or thoughts:

Carl said...

Amazing! The rays really make for a great sunset picture...

Wrena said...

Looks like the big sky I am usto! Great pix! Are those fence posts in the bottom of the pix? I love it!

Auntie M said...

The horizon of the second shot is antique farm equipment on the horizon and the last shot is fence posts - sharp eye!

Mimi/Susan said...

I think you did a great job. These are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That's what I love the most about the west... the big sky. Big clouds, big sunsets... I feel claustrophobic when I come back to our city life.

Love the outward rays!

parose said...

Stunning pictures! I love them. Like you and most Americans we have been trying to conserve on gas too...but we are taking a road trip over to California. We will stop in Happy, Texas for convention, wander on up to Southern Colorado and then over to CA to see our kids. We promised our daughter-in-law we would come at least once while our son is away. It's been a while since we've seen any of our kids, so it'll be nice to be with them again. I sort of feel guilty with all the gas we'll have to use, but I feel a little better knowing it is all for a good reason. ; ) Not sure how much access I will have to Internet...so Happy Trails to y'all until we meet again on the blog!

The J's said...

Great job!
I really love all the sunset shots!!

Donna and Jim said...

Beautiful photos. I love how we all submit sunset photos from different parts of the country and how different they look. Each one has a beautiful quality to them. It kind of feels like no matter where we are or what we do, we get a special reward at the end of the day.

Traci K said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the fluffy white clouds!