Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Desert Blooms as Paradise

I found it amazing that all these plants grow with so little moisture available to them. Forgive me for posting so many, but these are all photos I took while we were in AZ, UT, and NM. I wish I knew what some of them were called, besides the regular cactus and thistle varieties.










9 comments or thoughts:

Carin said...

What a great variety. Great color in all the photos to bring out their beauty.

The J's said...

I love your photos! vivid color! Oh, and I just noticed the bee in the bottom one!

parose said...

Gorgeous pictures! The desert is indeed filled with beauty.

Melissa O. said...

I really like to think of desert plant life. (we used to live in the dessert). such beauty can grow out difficult conditions. good spiritual encouragement.

Mimi/Susan said...

These are beautiful and almost look artifical because of their wonderful unique coloring! Enjoyed looking at these.

Auntie M said...

Great pictures - I love cacti flowers. They are so delicate compared to their thorny producer.

parose said...

Melissa, I certainly can agree with your assessment that beauty can grow out of difficult situations. It causes the roots to go deeper and the spirit in us blossoms so that even others can see and feel it. Thanks for sharing that thought.

Deana said...

I love these pictures...it shows that something so ugly and unattractive can have such beautiful things come from it.

Donna and Jim said...

Amy - you were so close you should have stopped in and said "hi". It would have been fun to meet you. Love the flowers. It looks like kneck of the woods.